Retails Systems Australia - pub POS, club POS, bar POS, hotel POS, bottle shop POS, restaurant POS, cafe POS, retail POS, Point of Sale, Sydney POS, NSW POS, QSR, Quick Service Register
POS Point of Sale System Software
myPOS is the most inovative POS system on the market today. More retail businesses are installing myPOS than any other POS System. If a business wants an easy to use, comprehensive and cutting edge POS system, they choose myPOS!
For over 30 years Retails Systems Australia has worked alongside some of Australia's leading, retailers to develop a comprehensive Point Of Sale system delivering many features that this unique industry has required.
myPOS is a solution rather than a system – a solution incorporating highly advanced POS software and industry leading support.
The myPOS Point of Sale system has many advanced features, including:-
- Data and record security
- Inventory Control
- Debtor, creditor, customer, COD, layby controls
- EFTPOS link
- RSA Mobile - wireless PDA ordering and sales
- Portable stocktaking device link
- Video link
- Electronic supplier invoice and order links
- Swipe card for operator log-on, table balance, bar tabs and customer loyalty points.
- Internal loyalty with connectivity to Ebet and Aristocrat's System Xpress
- myPOS Auto-Price-Changer for specials and "happy hour"
- Live and real time stock
- myPOS preparation area printing (kitchen printing)
- Head Office and multi-store control
Password requirements for manager authorization
The many security features include:
- Optional rear display, enforcing correct recording of sales
- Cash register style end of day reporting with ongoing weekly, monthly and yearly totals
- Electronic journals have enhanced search capabilities. All security sensitive operations have their own journals, highlighting dishonest operations.
- Electronic journal overlays Cashcam video system.
Creditor and Debtor Control
Debtors and creditors can be accessed by number or alternatively by name using the search key.
DEBTOR control: 'End of month' statements are produced itemising all charges and payments. Also, account details can be accessed at any time during a sale for invoice checking, reconciliations and invoice reprinting.
CREDITOR control: Purchases and payments are maintained through the system, these operations are linked to the inventory system providing a means of accurately controlling stock, margins and retail pricing.
COD’s to your customers are easily controlled without messy daily reconciliations.
Inventory control is central to myPOS and all information is generated from the daily activity at the points of sale. Some stock control features include:
- Reorder Reporting based on computer calculated needs.
- myPOS Order creation for invoice reconciliation and acceptance.
- myPOS E-Order for sending to the suppliers
- Invoices can be electronically imported into myPOS
- Comprehensive product reporting
- Special reports showing:
- Items not selling over a given number of days
- Items that are selling over a given number of days
- Items with zero or negative stock
- Items with more than a given number of days worth of stock
- Items with less than a given number of days worth of stock
- The top nominated numbers of performers by monthly sales, yearly sales, monthly profits, yearly profit and stock on hand.
- PDE and manual entry stocktakes can be done at any time showing losses since the last stocktake and another predetermined period such as the beginning of the financial year.
- Bar Product and usage control.
myPOS Software Features
- Name and number search is available for all data
- Each product can be sold via one of five convenient PLU Price/Qty Keys. Single (1), 6 Pack, 1/2 case, (a case can be nominated quantity), Hot Case, single at ½ case price (1) and single at case price (1). Extra pricing is available by item linking.
- Stock enquiries are easy and fast.
- Many sales can be put on hold
- The journal search assists in finding any problem areas that may arise in regard to any previous sales.
- Margins and gross profit by item can be displayed during a sale to help determine a discount rate.
- The Quotation System monitors and controls customer quotes.
- Customers Frequent Buyers System (Customer Points Bank) is available and is easy to use.
- Bar Product Control
- Multiple Barcode linking to a single plu, catering for the single, 6 pack and carton barcodes, quantities and prices.
- The same barcode can be linked to different plu's to cover the increasing problem of products like Grange, which have different cost and sell prices, but have the same barcode on all the bottles.
- EFTPOS Link to Tyro and PC-EFTPOS
Various hardware options can be provided for your specific requirements. As well as the touch screen featured, a monitor and keyboard can be provided for your point-of-sale set up. Our experienced consultants can advise you of all hardware available such as PC’s, scanners, receipt printers, label printers and tablet's.
For Bar/ Bistro/ Restaurant
- Up to 10 pages of 36 colour coded presets. ( ie 360 presets )
- Very fast and easy bar operation.
- Fully sealed from bar liquids.
- Up to 10,000 PLU's
- Nips, middy's and schooners etc deduct from the “Barstock PLU” (bottle or keg).
- The bottle, keg or stock keeping unit can have the stock deduct from the Mainstore/Bottleshop even though the drink is sold in the bar (Optional for small locations).
- 20-character display description and 40 character receipt description.
- 5 price levels - For example happy hour or entertainment price. This is changeable manually or automatically.
- Manager Control for voids and returns etc.
- Optional Rear Customer Display.
- Optional Swipe Card reader for bar tabs, table balances and loyalty points (Internal, Ebet or Aristocrat) and customer information storage.
- Kitchen Printers and meal modifiers (well-done, medium-rare etc) for easy table service and management.
- Each customer can have different % discount rates and if the system is running on price level 2, the discount is price level 1. If the system is running on price level 1, then the % discount in the customer record is applied to the sale.
myPOS Version 5 is our latest version of Point of Sale Software.
myPOS Version 5 features all the functionality of previous versions of myPOS, as well as major software enhancements from the internal code to the external appearance. Not only does myPOS v5 have a more modern appearance, but the whole database has been modernised and rewritten by our experienced programmers. Due to this, the user will notice and appreciate extra reliability, performance, and reduced chances of technical problems occurring. This means you can rely on your point-of-sale system, which is something we know is important when running your business.
- End of Day Reports/Reports – are now backup on the PC saved in the myPOS folder can be used in the event that reports are mislaid and can be reprinted. Also additional graphs included for easy analysis.
- Labels and Vouchers – these have been revamped and are easier to use, simple click and print features.
- Create Vouchers - with their own unique numbers and the ability to customise the look, value and expiry date. This feature is a great way to present customers a “Gift Vouchers” the dollar spend value that is re-spend within the venue.
- Custom pricing and discounts – apply discounts for a particular customer and/or debtors
- V5 has also eliminated the need to manually sort lists as this is now done automatically in the background
- Accommodation Module - allows you to manage Rooms, Room Charges and Room Reservations. Directly apply room chargebacks for meals/drinks/etc, and provide one convenient bill to your customers
- Special Offers such as “buy one, get one 50% off” or “buy 2, get one free”. With this feature, a QR codes or barcode can be added to a receipt as a voucher.
Example: Tuesday $17.50 - Rump Steak and Tap Beer Special. Customer purchases a steak at the bistro, voucher is printed with a QR/Barcode for 1 x TAP BEER. Customer takes voucher to bar area and purchases a TAP BEER. Scans voucher and beer is repriced to $0.00
- Xero Integration - This integration allows for a more streamlined approach for your accounting needs.
- Contact Us – This quick click feature allows you to contact our support team with a brief description of issues or order consumables
myPOS Networking Options
The myPOS system has available all the networking options required for most Store/Hotel operations. These include small and large one-owner operations, medium size multi Store/Hotel operations and large corporate state or national operations. Please note that the latest technology in network hardware is used.
Hotel/ Restaurant Network
With large hotels, a master system is often installed in the back office to allow administration functions to take place away from the sales area. However, the main register can be used for full office functionality with password control.
Multi-Store Communications System
Multiple stores can be linked to each other and to Head Office. All stores can be controlled by Head Office at a single location. Stock transfers are made with ease. Head Office is also connected to the major suppliers for electronic orders and invoicing. The suppliers linked to myPOS include ILG, ALM, Tooheys, HLW, Metcash and Campbell’s Cash & Carry.
FTP/ Email/ Internet communications to the liquor suppliers automates the ordering process. Once the order has arrived into the store and been verified for price and quantity, a simple keystroke will update the creditor and inventory files. There is no manual data entry for these tasks except for the initial order (orders can be generated from the reorder screen).
myPOS Mobile is a new feature exclusive to myPOS v5. myPOS Mobile Software is loaded onto a handheld PDA, which then acts as a mobile register. The advantages of this function include fast and efficient customer service, as orders and sales are processed instantaneously. A key advantage of myPOS Mobile is that it connects with the Master system to have real time sales. myPOS Mobile also operates as a standalone register.
Utilising myPOS Mobile :
Wait staff can place food and drink orders at restaurants and cafes at different tables with the handheld PDA. These orders are then processed instantly in the bar or kitchen for fast and efficient service.
Sales can be processed in any location. For example, sales may be processed from any location in a bottle shop by staff when they are dealing with customers, rather than having one point-of-sale register.
myPOS Mobile takes the possibilities of customer service to a new level. In your competitive industry, mobile sales and ordering will keep you ahead of the rest.
myPOS Main Features and Benefits
- By knowing your GP exactly (day-to-day), margins can be improved by systematically increasing prices (while ensuring sales are not affected) or repositioning high margin stock to improve its sales. It is not unreasonable to expect a minimum improvement of 0.5%. in a store turning over $15,000 per week. 0.5% margin improvement is $75 which more than pays for the system on a weekly lease basis.
- Electronic invoices and orders can be entered into the system automatically via modem with the Electronic Trading Modules. Any cost price changes (ie invoices showing cost price variation from the previous order) from electronically or manually entered invoices will show the new margin and allow the option of changing the selling price to maintain the desired profit margin. Indeed, it is this feature that helps eliminate the erosion of profit through the small but gradual cost increases.
- Stock Control and suggested order reports aids the reorder process by highlighting the high and low volume lines, their profitability and those products that are not moving at all.
- Bar transfers and regular manual stock takes can be recorded with the system providing margin and discrepancy reports by location in addition to the consolidated reports.
- Kitchen Printing with modifiers and Table Balance Control (Part Pay, Move Tables etc)
- The Stock Control features will eliminate the need for external stock takers - a direct saving and your management information is available at any time.
- It would not be impossible to reduce your stock by 10% to 20% because of the greater accuracy in suggested ordering.
- Specials can be controlled by setting a start and end date. The sales, profit and markdown of these items over this period will help determine the effectiveness of the specials.
- Shelf Label software (myPOS labels) allows users to customise the layout of their labels and advertised specials. The label software also has the option to including 'tasting notes'. That is information on the taste, or any other information you would like to include on the label (up to four lines). This is a necessary feature for great customer service.
- Return on investment reporting by department and group. For example, Chardonnays may be 10% of your investment, returning 8% of your profit while Cabernet may be 25% of your investment and returning say 9% of your profit. This could mean that Cabernet wines are either over stocked or the margins aren't high enough to justify the amount of the investment.
- Best Profit & Sales reports to maximise effectiveness of stock shelf and floor location.
- Frequent Buyers Point System.
- Data extraction to Excel and MYOB/XERO.
- Quotation system for customer tracking.